Minigrant Application now Online, Open Year-round
The HTSDEF Minigrants are available in amounts up to $1,500, to fund projects, exhibits, programs, supplies, events or initiatives that meet the Foundation’s mission – to fund innovative learning opportunities that inspire Haverford Township School District students. District faculty, staff, parents and community members may submit a mini grant application at any time using our online form. Grant decisions are made throughout the school year, pending committee and board approval. Please allow 30-60 days for approval. Applications received after April 30 will be deferred to the fall deadline.
Awards are subject to fund availability and are issued at the discretion of the grants committee. Applicants may be contacted for additional information prior to a decision. Funds are disbursed upon documentation of expenses. All equipment, materials or other items received via HTSDEF funding remain property of the School District of Haverford Township.
Four special minigrants are funded through the Education Foundation:
- Ellen Fisher Financial Literacy Grant for events/projects that teach financial literacy
- Jane Greenspun Technology Fund supports purchase/use of educational technology
- S. Virginia Murphy Fund supports projects most likely to benefit special education students
- Marian Hill Arts & Music Fund provides educational arts activities
Grant applications need not fit into the below descriptors to be approved.
Please ensure that all requirements below are met before submitting a mini-grant application. A full application scoring rubric is included below for your reference.
- Proposal supports or supplements district programs, brings innovative ideas into our schools and/or increases goodwill by creating a community program.
- School administrators approve of project. All requests involving classroom time or district property must have approval from the building principal if school-specific, or the superintendent if district-wide.
- Proposals including technology components must be approved by the District Technology Coordinator prior to submission.
- Grant recipients must submit a brief report and photographs sharing the impact of the project after funds are granted. Requests for grant funding will be denied to anyone with an outstanding report due until the report and photos are submitted. Please download and complete the Post Grant Feedback Report as soon as possible after using the grant money.
- Download the minigrant scoring rubric for information about the selection criteria.
The Mini-Grants awarded to Haverford’s teachers, administrators, parents and students are all fine examples of creative thinking leading to excellence in education and innovative ideas. More than 100 innovative and educationally rewarding programs have been completed in the Haverford Township School District due to the investment of nearly $100,000 from the foundation.